Midwest.

I woke up today in a hotel room in Chicago, surrounded by way too many fluffy white pillows and blankets. I wasn't planning on getting up anytime soon; in fact I was dreaming of sleeping in late and maybe even ordering room service.

And then someone knocked on the door. My boyfriend, Tim, trudged over to the door and opened it. Standing on the other side was one very nervous groom-to-be, who plopped himself on the little chair in our room and started chatting.

 Oh, life.

Let me back up a moment: I've been in the Midwest for the last five days, staying with my Tim's entire family in a hotel, awaiting the Big Day: Tim's little sister is getting hitched! It's been an amazing break from reality. Late nights with the whole extended family and friends, drinking wine and eating huge meals, chatting about life and family ....and then some more wine. Tim's family members are just about the easiest people in the world to get along with, and I love feeling like part of the family.

And so, I've put the whole "EEK my life is about to get complicated" thing on hold. I'm just enjoying each day, laughing lots and reminding myself that this is my little break from the world before diving into the next chapter.

I'm ready.

Comments

Popular Posts