Are we there yet?

It's 1:48 in the afternoon on a Saturday. I am wearing pajamas and sitting at my kitchen table and eating a peanut butter sandwich. I should be working on a lot of things, but right now Netflix and clicking on "Top 10 Celebrity Couples of All Time" links seems to be of the utmost importance.

I will be thirty in two years, four months and seventeen days. It is terrifying.

I have a college degree and a basic middle class upbringing, but no career and almost no money.

I would worry that I might have gotten stuck in some sort of time warp around age 22, but my increasing waist size and drivers license says otherwise.

And so, after five years of post-college putzing around in restaurants and retail, relationships and roommates, I am ready to start my life.


Comments

Popular Posts